Innovative Amnicot Finger Cot for a safer and more comfortable Amniotomy
Patient comfort and safety during the performance of an amniotomy is an important consideration for medical practitioners. LTR Medical offers an innovative finger cot that is economical to purchase and easy to use.
The Go Medical Amnicotis a single use fingercot which incorporates a plastic hook attached to the fingertip of either the index or middle finger of the examining hand. With this finger cot, an amniotomy can be performed utilizing just one finger, without the need for other instruments to be inserted through the cervix.
The Go Medical Amnicot is a low cost, sterile and disposable single use device that has a number of advantages compared with other more obtuse amniotic perforation instruments. These include:
- Less pain, discomfort and anxiety for the patient due to reduced cervical dilation
- Greater tactile feedback and increased accuracy for the who can more precisely apply the hook for membrane incision
- As the user’s other hand is free to stabilize the presenting part, this eliminates the need for an assistant during the amniotomy
- In situations where the cervix is posterior, there is no need for the patient to assume the lithotomy position in the course of the amniotomy
Easy to use
The Go Medical Amnicot is placed on the index or middle finger of the examining hand, and once the hook reaches the amniotic sac, the tip is pushed up against the sac to pierce the membranes. The hook is then pulled through the membranes to create a hole in the sac. When compared with other amniotic membrane perforators available in the market, rupturing the membrane with the Amnicot becomes an easier and safer amniotomy procedure for the obstetrician, midwife, patient and foetus/neonate.
Why Choose LTR Medical?
The Go Medical Amnicot is one of our selection of products chosen on the basis of an exceptionally high standard of clinical efficiency and excellence in safety, design, and delivery. Our new product development and sourcing team have an extensive medical and technology development expertise and a network of clinical advisers that provide insight into new and emerging, technologies and best practice in care.
- We source our product range from trusted, high-quality medical device developers and manufacturers committed to clinical excellence and patient safety.
- We distribute medical technology with clinical excellence and patient safety as one of our top priorities.
- We have years of experience in delivering first class quality medical devices to the Australian healthcare sector.
- We are the exclusive supplier of the Go Medical product range throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Call us now:
Call us for more information on our products on 1800 319 419.